USB device not recognized (Simple PIC USB IF tutorial)

Questions and Comments on All Tutorials

MrSparkle
Newbie Pyro

USB device not recognized (Simple PIC USB IF tutorial)

Postby MrSparkle » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:29 pm

Hello,
Regarding the Simple PIC USB Interface tutorial, I built the hardware according to the provided schematic and was able to load the PIC .hex file, and the LEDs are blinking. When I plug it into a USB port I get the dreaded "USB device not recognized" error. I am running Windows 7 32-bit. Ideas?

Thank you,

Mr Sparkle

ThePyroElectro
PyroElectro Admin

Re: USB device not recognized (Simple PIC USB IF tutorial)

Postby ThePyroElectro » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:20 am

MrSparkle wrote:Hello,
Regarding the Simple PIC USB Interface tutorial, I built the hardware according to the provided schematic and was able to load the PIC .hex file, and the LEDs are blinking. When I plug it into a USB port I get the dreaded "USB device not recognized" error. I am running Windows 7 32-bit. Ideas?

Thank you,

Mr Sparkle

Honestly I never tested it out on Win7. I would look at the device drivers and see what the PID comes up as. You can look in the code to see what the PID should be. This will tell you if the USB communication path initializations are even work or if there is a deeper problem.

It might be wise to upgrade to the XC8 or CCS compilers. The C18 compiler + USB stuff is fairly old at this point and no longer supported by microchip. (FYI)

plotino
Newbie Pyro

Re: USB device not recognized (Simple PIC USB IF tutorial)

Postby plotino » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:26 am

hello.
i got the same problem as MrSparkle.
What you mean to look to device drivers?

thankx

plot

Return to “Tutorials”