AC Electric Motor Traction Control

Pyro Project Ideas/Requests
PocketRocket
Newbie Pyro

AC Electric Motor Traction Control

Postby PocketRocket » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:43 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am planning to develop a traction control system for an AC hub-motor(to be used in a Solar Powered Race car).

The new control system (a separate micro-controller most likely) will supplement a Tritium Wave-sculptor 22 controller, which already takes care of the other motor functions including regenerative braking (the Tritium controllers ADC ports are completely occupied).

It is a single Front wheel hub-motor (wheel configuration is 1 front 2 rear).

I hope to develop the controller further to create stability control using a YAW and Steering angle sensor.

There is no ABS so the system will adjust the motor torque or possibly make use of the regenerative braking function (this development is still in its infancy).

Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with a similar system?

This is My first post here so please tell me if I am posting in the wrong place :D

ThePyroElectro
PyroElectro Admin

Re: AC Electric Motor Traction Control

Postby ThePyroElectro » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:18 pm

PocketRocket wrote:Hi Everyone,

I am planning to develop a traction control system for an AC hub-motor(to be used in a Solar Powered Race car).

The new control system (a separate micro-controller most likely) will supplement a Tritium Wave-sculptor 22 controller, which already takes care of the other motor functions including regenerative braking (the Tritium controllers ADC ports are completely occupied).

It is a single Front wheel hub-motor (wheel configuration is 1 front 2 rear).

I hope to develop the controller further to create stability control using a YAW and Steering angle sensor.

There is no ABS so the system will adjust the motor torque or possibly make use of the regenerative braking function (this development is still in its infancy).

Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with a similar system?

This is My first post here so please tell me if I am posting in the wrong place :D

Do you have any pictures of the system? We'd be really interested to see them!

I don't have any direct experience with solar cars, but it sounds like you're building a similar car to what others have done in the past so I think the web will actually have resources you can use as well (ac hub motor and etc..). Good luck!

PocketRocket
Newbie Pyro

Re: AC Electric Motor Traction Control

Postby PocketRocket » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:45 am

I will be happy to upload my progress through the forum, there is some information on the web, but its very hard to find practical examples.

Return to “Request-a-Project”