News & Articles

PyroEDU
Get started learning to build your own electronics by following our FREE online courses below!
Learn More »

Categories

Sponsors

Build Like A Pyro!
Find many of the parts used on this site at our favorite online electronics shop
Take Me To The Gadgetory!
10 Amp H-Bridge For Motor Control

Posted May 20, 2011 by Chris

Today’s PyroElectro tutorial shows you how to build your own 10A DC motor controller on a PCB. The core design is kept simple so it is a great introductory project for hobbyists, while also shedding light on the basic method used for DC motor control. The parts cost less than $15 so why not give it a shot?

39 Responses to “10 Amp H-Bridge For Motor Control”

1. sdfsdfs sdfsd Says:

ik very good

2. Dave Vleugel Says:

Thank you!

I just ordered the parts, and i look forward to it to have it work!

Mvg

Dave

3. roesh Says:

uh, what about PWM, just send the output from the microcontroller to the circuit with no other circuit (safety circuit)?, will not be damaging the IC?

4. herctrap Says:

where are the diodes for the kickback currents?

5. Chris Says:

The flyback diodes are in your future design revision ;). This H-Bridge is meant to show you the basics of the basics, not for professional design. Enjoy!

6. Pavan Says:

Respected Sir, I’d used this 4 H-Bridge on PIC16F84A it was work nice but when I was connected with 89v51rd2 its not working well making load cause problems as given below:
    1) when 89v51rd2 start it goes all pins automatically high means both side transistor on instantly suffer short circuit.
    2) This make output of 7805 voltage regulator 3.58V and hence all port pin low to 2.78V cause all H-Bridge start both direction at one time.
    Finally my sir suggest me use a different 7812 voltage regulator for avoid a loading effect. I’ve used and now it’s working very well without heating a components. Thank you for providing such circuit and mainly “theory” its helps to clear our concept in electronics.

7. alex Says:

Hallo will ein 12 volt motor über ein 5 volt servo steuern. Die position würde ùber den servo laufen kann ich eibfach die anschlüsse vom servomotor einfach an die h brücke anklemmen.

8. Vernon Says:

This is probally the best tutorial I’ve read on the net. Awsom job, very well done. I learned a lot. THANKS 🙂

9. Annis Morua Says:

Thank you, I’ve recently been seeking for facts about this subject for ages and yours is the best I have found so far.

10. Thu Fresta Says:

This technology is amazing.

11. Ron Says:

Where is the follow up video showing how to use PWM to control the speed?

12. guy using pocket pussy Says:

rubber vagina

Leave a Reply