automatic walkie talkie/ipod switch (aka vox)

Pyro Project Ideas/Requests
digital_janitor
Newbie Pyro

automatic walkie talkie/ipod switch (aka vox)

Postby digital_janitor » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:42 am

Hello there, I am looking for some assistance in building a circuit.

The goal would be, one source is a walkie talkie, the other source would be an ipod, or similar, when in it's default state, the ipod would be playing, and when something came through on the walkie talkie it would mute the ipod, and allow the audio from the walkie talkie to come through. This is for a motorcycle setup. They sell vox systems, but I believe it can be done a lot cheaper.

Here is a circuit I stumbled across:
(due to my being a new member I cannot post a link, so bare with me)
if you search for vox circuit schematic, it will be the link to electro schematics.

Which seems to be similar to what I'm describing, but when I built it, it doesn't seem to function... I am an electronics amateur, I can generally read a schematic, and build simple circuits, I am aware of polarity, etc.

If the connector at R2 receives some sort of signal, it should operate the relay correct?

Thanks in advance.

ThePyroElectro
PyroElectro Admin

Postby ThePyroElectro » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:15 pm

Hi,

I found this:

I think that's what you're talking about, no?

So if I understand correctly, you want a system that attaches to your walkie-talkie's output (maybe to the speaker) and then senses if something is currently transmitting. If it is, a relay is switched to state [B]. If the walkie talkie is not transmitting, the relay remains in state [A].

The circuit above is capable of doing just that, however I would have to test it to see exactly how well. There's no real redundancy to it, just fingers crossed that the input signal will be amplified enough to hit T2 into an On state. If someone is shouting into the walkie talkie it would probably work well, but if they whisper, the signal might not be enough to trigger the relay.

albertha
Newbie Pyro

Postby albertha » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:12 am

How do I get my iPod Touch backup onto a different iPod Touch? Basically, I need to copy everything on my current iPod Touch and put it all on a different iPod Touch. In detail, please explain the steps on how to do this, iTunes can be very finicky and I really don't want to accidentally lose any/all of my data.

Return to “Request-a-Project”