y hasnt something like this clicked the DIY brains worldwide

Pyro Project Ideas/Requests
lapata
Newbie Pyro

y hasnt something like this clicked the DIY brains worldwide

Postby lapata » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:13 pm

hello.need help in making a home made tracker and shooter.suppose there is a rectangular compound(4 walls) and this tracker is on the ground(say in the middle).a friend of mine(whoz in the neighbourhood) flies a helicopter or a RC aircraft into this compound of mine.outrite intrusion!:P...this tracker SHOULD detect this intruder and fire a home made rocket at it.given that the height of this intruder is 3-4 km but it CAN intrude from ANY direction.the tracker should track it ,lock it and shoot it down.how to do all this..how to prepare whole of this system.thanks alot.have been thinking on it for about 4 months now.still unable to come up with something WORKABLE and easy to BUILD? can it be rokets instead of ping pong balls/pellets/bullets etc? can a metal detector do the trick?

something like rotating hexagonal mirror and striking laser at it ..reflection.....spot in the sky....??feasible?...

UTTERLY CONFUSED AND DESPERATE.....a matter of ego it is...beeen months trying to get down to some workable solution....

ThePyroElectro
PyroElectro Admin

Postby ThePyroElectro » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:20 pm

Hi Lapta,

To start, the reason you don't see systems like this is because (1) they're hard to design, (2) they're not easy to build and (3) they're expensive.

If it were easy to make stuff like this...our world would be far crazier than it is now i think :P .

But I think you approach this 'problem' from the wrong way. Don't think about how to solve the entire problem. Break it into many small problems and then find out what electronics parts solve which problem.

lapata
Newbie Pyro

Postby lapata » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:34 pm

thnx for the reply pyro....i ca sumhow manage to get the shooting part done ...but the tracking/detecting portion is a nightmare for me...how to go about it?..how about using reflection principle...?.ideas desperately needed...

Return to “Request-a-Project”