Intelligent Car parking system

Pyro Project Ideas/Requests
dev_anand
Newbie Pyro

Intelligent Car parking system

Postby dev_anand » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:33 am

Hi
As i am interested in learning digital system design,I took my final year project in FPGA.. and i need some help in interfacing IR sensors,LCD and motors.while browsing i came across this forum, and bit relaxed to share my thoughts and get some help..

Waiting for ur reply

Regards

ThePyroElectro
PyroElectro Admin

Postby ThePyroElectro » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:39 am

Some advice to get you started....

If you want to use sensors with FPGA you will need to use digital sensor, FPGA cannot understand analog input, many sensors will give analog and not digital output, so be careful when you choose sensors.

LCD usually come with a controller board and have a standard routine to send commands and update the display.

To control a motor its best to use a standard motor controller like L298 or LMD18200. Alternatively you could buy a pre-built motor controller board that you only need to connect to the FPGA for controlling the motor.

Do you have any specific questions?

dev_anand
Newbie Pyro

"Car Parking System"

Postby dev_anand » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:21 pm

Thank you for ur valuable info...Currently i am starting with simple programs to make the kit(DE2 Altera) familiar.. And aslo doing my main design for the system.

i need ur ideas to this project for further developement..?
i will post my future queries aftter some progress?

Thank you

regards
Vengat

ThePyroElectro
PyroElectro Admin

Postby ThePyroElectro » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:20 am

Hi,

I gave you many ideas already. You need to decide what parts and sensors you want to use for the system first and how those parts will fit together so that the system will work.

Then you can start to do the main design and testing. So I'm not sure how else I can help you.

Return to “Request-a-Project”