Page 1 of 2

#1 The Introduction [Post Homework Here]

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:58 pm
by JoYu
I'm ready to learn! Hurry and post some lessons!

Re: Learning

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:04 pm
by JoYu
HOMEWORK QUESTION 1
Why are you taking this course?
-To learn more about electronics.

HOMEWORK QUESTION 2
What do you hope to do with the knowledge you gain through this course?
-Spread the word that there are good teaching electronics resources on the web.

HOMEWORK QUESTION 3
How much do you already know about electronics/electricity/computers…etc?
-A lot, but you can never know too much!

Re: Learning

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:03 am
by ThePyroElectro
JoYu wrote:HOMEWORK QUESTION 1
Why are you taking this course?
-To learn more about electronics.

HOMEWORK QUESTION 2
What do you hope to do with the knowledge you gain through this course?
-Spread the word that there are good teaching electronics resources on the web.

HOMEWORK QUESTION 3
How much do you already know about electronics/electricity/computers…etc?
-A lot, but you can never know too much!


Nice to have you here JoYu and thanks for following along with this course!

Re: Learning

Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:51 pm
by eiphan
HOMEWORK QUESTION 1
Why are you taking this course?
>>To learn more about practical electronics hardwares

HOMEWORK QUESTION 2
What do you hope to do with the knowledge you gain through this course?
>>To make things smart

HOMEWORK QUESTION 3
How much do you already know about electronics/electricity/computers…etc?
>>I know more theory than hardware. Particularly interested in Embedded control system and its peripherals

Re: Learning

Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:03 pm
by ThePyroElectro
eiphan wrote:HOMEWORK QUESTION 1
Why are you taking this course?
>>To learn more about practical electronics hardwares

HOMEWORK QUESTION 2
What do you hope to do with the knowledge you gain through this course?
>>To make things smart

HOMEWORK QUESTION 3
How much do you already know about electronics/electricity/computers…etc?
>>I know more theory than hardware. Particularly interested in Embedded control system and its peripherals


Hi Eiphan,

Thanks for joining in! Glad to have you here.

Re: Learning

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:39 pm
by skullgoroth
HOMEWORK QUESTION 1
Why are you taking this course?
>>To learn more about electrical components functions and uses. Also, to learn how to create my own electrical devices.

HOMEWORK QUESTION 2
What do you hope to do with the knowledge you gain through this course?
>>I Want to build custom guitar effects and weird noise making devices.

HOMEWORK QUESTION 3
How much do you already know about electronics/electricity/computers…etc?
>>Very little. I have taken a class on electronics in the past that I did not finish, we did some circuit board soldering and I remember some of the characteristics of electricity (voltage, wattage, etc.).

Re: Learning

Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:01 am
by ThePyroElectro
skullgoroth wrote:HOMEWORK QUESTION 1
Why are you taking this course?
>>To learn more about electrical components functions and uses. Also, to learn how to create my own electrical devices.

HOMEWORK QUESTION 2
What do you hope to do with the knowledge you gain through this course?
>>I Want to build custom guitar effects and weird noise making devices.

HOMEWORK QUESTION 3
How much do you already know about electronics/electricity/computers…etc?
>>Very little. I have taken a class on electronics in the past that I did not finish, we did some circuit board soldering and I remember some of the characteristics of electricity (voltage, wattage, etc.).


Hello & Welcome!

The next lesson is about The Resistor, it'll be live on 11/1/2012.

After you learn the basics in this course, I think it will be helpful when looking at what other people have done to customize guitar amps and the like.

Re: Learning

Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:41 am
by STLShawn
Gonna be a blast!
HOMEWORK QUESTION 1
Why are you taking this course?
:arrow: To build an army of electronic minions, and take over all of Southeast Missouri

HOMEWORK QUESTION 2
What do you hope to do with the knowledge you gain through this course?
:arrow: Feel more comfortable working with various electronics that i come into contact with at work and at home. Oh, and take over Southeast Missouri

HOMEWORK QUESTION 3
How much do you already know about electronics/electricity/computers…etc?
:arrow: Don't eat batteries.
Actually, not much,,,,,,, yet,,,, Muahahahahaha :shock:

Re: Learning

Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:01 pm
by ThePyroElectro
STLShawn wrote:Gonna be a blast!
HOMEWORK QUESTION 1
Why are you taking this course?
:arrow: To build an army of electronic minions, and take over all of Southeast Missouri

HOMEWORK QUESTION 2
What do you hope to do with the knowledge you gain through this course?
:arrow: Feel more comfortable working with various electronics that i come into contact with at work and at home. Oh, and take over Southeast Missouri

HOMEWORK QUESTION 3
How much do you already know about electronics/electricity/computers…etc?
:arrow: Don't eat batteries.
Actually, not much,,,,,,, yet,,,, Muahahahahaha :shock:


Hey Shawn,

Welcome! Building minions is fun ^_^.

I'm confident this course will get you more comfortable with the different components used in electronics found in electronics at home. But definitely...don't eat batteries...especially 9 volt batteries, they continuously shock you the whole way down!

Re: #1 The Introduction [Post Homework Here]

Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:57 am
by jonnyquin
HOMEWORK QUESTION 1
Why are you taking this course?
To refresh past subjects and build up the foundations of my skills in electronics
HOMEWORK QUESTION 2
What do you hope to do with the knowledge you gain through this course?
Repair all sorts of stuff and may be build a few dark machines...muahahahahah!

HOMEWORK QUESTION 3
How much do you already know about electronics/electricity/computers…etc?
Well, I did learn to program C and a litle bit of the assembly used to program microcontrolers...and some things nearly forgotten about filters, power sources, oscilators, etc...

Re: #1 The Introduction [Post Homework Here]

Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:36 pm
by ThePyroElectro
jonnyquin wrote:HOMEWORK QUESTION 1
Why are you taking this course?
To refresh past subjects and build up the foundations of my skills in electronics
HOMEWORK QUESTION 2
What do you hope to do with the knowledge you gain through this course?
Repair all sorts of stuff and may be build a few dark machines...muahahahahah!

HOMEWORK QUESTION 3
How much do you already know about electronics/electricity/computers…etc?
Well, I did learn to program C and a litle bit of the assembly used to program microcontrolers...and some things nearly forgotten about filters, power sources, oscilators, etc...


Hi Jonny!

Good answers. Thanks for posting!

Re: #1 The Introduction [Post Homework Here]

Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:12 pm
by HEGHELON
HOMEWORK QUESTION 1
Why are you taking this course?
-To learn more about electronics.

HOMEWORK QUESTION 2
What do you hope to do with the knowledge you gain through this course?
To be able to smart electronic projects

HOMEWORK QUESTION 3
How much do you already know about electronics/electricity/computers…etc?
-A little of Electronics basics

Re: #1 The Introduction [Post Homework Here]

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:13 pm
by ThePyroElectro
HEGHELON wrote:HOMEWORK QUESTION 1
Why are you taking this course?
-To learn more about electronics.

HOMEWORK QUESTION 2
What do you hope to do with the knowledge you gain through this course?
To be able to smart electronic projects

HOMEWORK QUESTION 3
How much do you already know about electronics/electricity/computers…etc?
-A little of Electronics basics


Hi Heghelon,

Welcome to the course and thanks for joining!

Re: #1 The Introduction [Post Homework Here]

Posted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:25 am
by mfurman
Why are you taking this course?
To learn more about electronic components and schematics

What do you hope to do with the knowledge you gain through this course?
To be able to work comfortably with electronic componants, schematics, and to build and design my own projects.

How much do you already know about electronics/electricity/computers...etc?
I know how to use electronics, not so much about how they work as far as the parts, I am a IT major and a systems admin so I am very familar with computers.

Re: #1 The Introduction [Post Homework Here]

Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:47 pm
by ThePyroElectro
mfurman wrote:Why are you taking this course?
To learn more about electronic components and schematics

What do you hope to do with the knowledge you gain through this course?
To be able to work comfortably with electronic componants, schematics, and to build and design my own projects.

How much do you already know about electronics/electricity/computers...etc?
I know how to use electronics, not so much about how they work as far as the parts, I am a IT major and a systems admin so I am very familar with computers.


Hi mfurman,

Welcome to the course! Feel free to ask any questions you might have about the lessons.