Help to adapt this circuit for other freq and for data tx

Questions and Comments on All Projects
kmo2
Newbie Pyro

Help to adapt this circuit for other freq and for data tx

Postby kmo2 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:21 pm

Hi I really liked this proyect, I always wanted to build my own RF transmitter and receiver.
I would like to use this circuits for data transmission, I think I know how to adapt this schematics for my needs, but i have a few questions:

1) It is really difficult for me to get a 27MHz crystal, but I can get a 10 MHz crystal easily or maybe a 20 MHz but it's no sure. So I want to know if I need to change something in the oscillator of the transmitter to use a 10 MHz or a 20 MHz crystal.

2) I also want to know what do I need to change in the receiver circuit for a 10 MHz or a 20 MHz RF frequency, in the tutorial you mentioned that almost every component can vary a little, but not the LC tank circuit, so maybe I only need to change this LC tank circuit?

3) It is also really difficult for me to get a ferrite core or a toroid core, so I would like to know if I can use a normal comercial inductor instead (the ones that are similar to resistors).

4) Finally, I also want to understand more this circuits, I think I understand how the transmitter works in general but I don't understand how the oscillator of the transmitter works, and I don't understand almost nothing of the receiver circuit, I was searching for how this regenerative receivers work but i can't find good information, so I would aprecciate if you can give me the links you used to make this proyect, and all links that you think that can be useful to learn.

Thanks in advance and greetings from Perú.

Return to “Projects”