Short Range Personal Radar

Questions and Comments on All Projects
ThePyroElectro
PyroElectro Admin

Postby ThePyroElectro » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:15 pm

Hi,

That sensor is similar to the one I used in the project, but it is for 10cm to 80cm, a further range. It is an acceptable replacement.

I have no experience with the OCTOB 16/18F PIC Development Board, so without a schematic or datasheet I cannot tell you whether it works with the PIC18F452.

To tell whether it will work, you have to make sure the power supply pins (VDD/VSS) and programming pins (PGD/PGC) all match up with the PIC.

Hemraj
Newbie Pyro

header files

Postby Hemraj » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:26 am

where to find header files which included in main program.

ThePyroElectro
PyroElectro Admin

Postby ThePyroElectro » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:37 pm

Hemraj,

The header files come with the MCC18 C Compiler.

Link: http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=1406&dDocName=en010014

madjim
Newbie Pyro

Postby madjim » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:44 pm

Hello, i am continuing the project, but a new problem has emerged. I have connected the servo (which works properly), the 373's and only one led to one of the chips. Unfortunately, the only time when the led turns on is for a split second when i turn on the switch. After that, it does nothing. Shouldn't it turn on and off as the servo turns? what should i do? Is it the programming?
Thank you a lot.

ThePyroElectro
PyroElectro Admin

Postby ThePyroElectro » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:47 am

Hi madjim,

I would have to double check that the A/D is taking the sensor data properly in debug mode with the PIC before I could give any definitive answers on where the problem lay, but my guess is it is probably in the software. I must emphasize that is a guess. It's always possible that there is a loose wire somewhere.

Best of luck.

madjim
Newbie Pyro

program

Postby madjim » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:51 pm

Hello again,
I am still trying to find what the problem is. If it is the programming, what would I have to change?
I have connected the BUS to D0-D7 (according to its schematic) on the LS373's (by zigzagging the BUS from side to side) doesn't the ir project schematic show that the 8-bit data BUS is connected to Q4-Q7 and D4-D7? also isn't the OE and the GND on the left side of the chip? I have connected the BUS, ground and Vcc according to the LS373 schematic and not the ir project schematic. Have I done it correctly or should I change it in order for the project to work?
Thank you very much.

ThePyroElectro
PyroElectro Admin

Postby ThePyroElectro » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:35 pm

Hi madjim,

The pin locations on the schematic are not the same as on the actual chip. This makes the schematic much easier to read. Especially since on the actual chip the D and Q pins are interleaved.

When you connect the project together, you should not be looking at pin numbers, but names: Q1 -> Q1, D1 -> D1. On the 74LS373 D's are Inputs, Q's are Outputs. It sounds like you connected it correctly, but I can't say 100% unless I can see it, in my hands.

As for debugging the project, I'm not sure what more I can say to help. If it doesn't work on the first shot, you have to go back to square one and build test programs to make sure the 74LS373's are working and that the A/D is setup and working properly. It will take some effort to finish things off, just how debugging is.

rishi11
Newbie Pyro

Postby rishi11 » Sun May 01, 2011 9:25 am

hello sir,
firstly i'd like to say that the detailed explanation is immensely admirable.
i am having problem with the software part. i am using PIC 16f877a and compiler is PICC (ccs).
1)can you please suggest all the changes in the program for using it with 16f877a i.e the timers and port declarations.
2)can this be compiled using the above compiler.
3)i am unable to find few header files(timers.h, delays.h)for the error free compilation.
4)also i am using GP2y0a0 sensor, would the program require other changes for this.
please help me with the above problems. thanks alot.

ThePyroElectro
PyroElectro Admin

Postby ThePyroElectro » Sun May 01, 2011 5:27 pm

Hello,

I have no experience with CCS so it is difficult for me to suggest changes. You will have to become familiar with C18 programming language and translate to CCS compiler.

The GP2y0a0 sensor will be fine for this tutorial, data output is the same. Like any sensor, once you have the software working you will need to calibrate it.

rishi11
Newbie Pyro

Short range radar. Software part.

Postby rishi11 » Tue May 03, 2011 5:13 am

Hello admin,
If I use C18, then what changes do I have to make in the programming while using the P16F877a.
Please take me as an illiterate when it comes to programming. But I'd be really thankful, if you could guide me on my query.
And, thanks for the patience.

ThePyroElectro
PyroElectro Admin

Postby ThePyroElectro » Tue May 03, 2011 2:39 pm

Hello,

C18 only supports 18 series PICs. If you must use the PIC16F877A you're going to have to do some work to get the differences figured out and the code translated for PIC16.

The easiest way about this, is to switch to use a one of the PIC18 series.

Subhashish
Newbie Pyro

URGENT SHORT RANGE RADAR

Postby Subhashish » Thu May 12, 2011 11:43 am

is servomotor a necessary part for the RADAR Project?:?:
i mean can we make the project without the use of servomotor? :!:
if so then tell me the steps to do it. urgent

i made the circuit many times but the leds are not glowing.:roll:
i didn't use the olimax development board instead a local PIC development board was available through which i loaded the program in the PIC MC.

also i connected the circuits with the development board itself.

my servomotor is spoiled, that's the reason i want to skip the use of servomotor for the time being. if the circuits run well without the servomotor then i will buy another one.

PLEASE TELL ME THE PROCEDURE FOR THE CIRCUIT WITHOUT THE USE SERVOMOTOR....... :?

Subhashish
Newbie Pyro

SHORT RANGE RADAR

Postby Subhashish » Thu May 12, 2011 11:51 am

:? CAN I TAKE ALL GROUND AS COMMON AND ALL VCC AS COMMON LINE?
aLSO CAN I USE ONLY 1 VOLTAGE REGULATOR FOR THE WHOLE CIRCUIT?

IF FOR SERVOMOTOR CASE, THERE IS ANY CHANGE IN THE PROGRAM THEN DO PROVIDE IT.
rEPLY VERY URGENT. TODAY ONLE
THANKS

Subhashish
Newbie Pyro

SHORT RANGE RADAR

Postby Subhashish » Thu May 12, 2011 12:05 pm

in the schematic is the blue line a single wire shorting RD0 to RD7 and all D inputs of all the latches?

or is it RDo is connected to all D0 input of all the latches adnd simillarly for other pins?

URGENT

Subhashish
Newbie Pyro

short range radar

Postby Subhashish » Thu May 12, 2011 12:08 pm

also since my voltage regulator is not working properly( shows only 2.3 volts), for testing the circuit i used the 5v oytput of developement board and found few particular LEDs light up in every line and only those remain light up also servomotor rotates for some time.

help me in debugging the circuit
pleease urgent

Return to “Projects”