The Wooden Menace; Robotic Arm

Questions and Comments on All Projects
ThePyroElectro
PyroElectro Admin

Postby ThePyroElectro » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:05 pm

Hi Mariana20,

If you look in the code you'll see an example function that shows you how to control the arm without actually using the controller. That is what you'll want to understand and use.

mariana20
Newbie Pyro

Postby mariana20 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:53 pm

hello thanks again for your answer I build but I need at least the size as the actual measures used to cut timber according to the actual measurements if not too much trouble I would appreciate it a truth and a bit more accurate diagram construction of new I would appreciate a lot of really important to me please:!::!::!:

Noveras
Newbie Pyro

Postby Noveras » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:11 am

Hello there,
Can you please publish a picture of the arrangement of all the components on the breadboard.I'm using Proteus to design the PC board and at this point I'm pretty much manage to confuse my self.

Your help is much appreciated because this is my final year project and my supervisor are not making my life any easier with all the modification he asked me to do.

ThePyroElectro
PyroElectro Admin

Postby ThePyroElectro » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:54 am

Noveras,

I strongly urge you to follow the schematic, and not the pictures of the breadboard.

However, I'll try to get a better picture for you, but honestly the only thing on the breadboard is a PIC microcontroller, Crystal Oscillator, Voltage Regulator and Capacitor.

mariana20
Newbie Pyro

AYUDA SOBRE LOS SERVOS

Postby mariana20 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:55 pm

HELLO HOW ARE YOU I WANT TO SERVE ME NO DOUBT OF A TIME TO UNDERSTAND WHERE IS THE FIFTH SERVO. SINCE I HAVE SO FAR We understand that 2 of the Server are CLAMPS AND IN THE THIRD AND FOURTH AS YOU COME TO BE THE COLUMN OR THE TRUNK AND THEN THE FIFTH NO IDEA WHERE TO GO VA.I would appreciate your ANSWER

HOLA COMO ESTAS QUISIERA QUE ME SAQUES DE UNA DUDA NO ENTIENDO HASTA EL MOMENTO A DONDE VA EL QUINTO SERVO. PUES HASTA AHORA TENGO ENTEDIDO QUE 2 DE LOS SERVOS VAN EN LAS PINZAS Y EL TERCERO Y CUARTO EN LO QUE VENDRA SER LA COLUMNA O EL TRONCO Y PUES EL QUINTO NI IDEA A DONDE VA IR.LE AGRADECERIA SU RESPUESTA

ThePyroElectro
PyroElectro Admin

Postby ThePyroElectro » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:38 pm

Mariana,

The fifth servo is what turns (rotates) the robot arm left and right. You can see it here:

Noveras
Newbie Pyro

Postby Noveras » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:27 pm

Hello there,
Currently I'm in the process of constructing the arm it self.I would like you to help me by listing the thickness,length and the width of the wood.

I also have done some big modification on this project for example instead of 5 servos I only used 3 servos and I've also change the controller to make it more efficient.I would like to know if when I'm finished with the project can you publish it as an alternative project than yours?

I live in south east asia and the price of all the stuff used is very expensive.Now I estimate that I will used up to $1000 of my country money to construct this simple robot.So I am hoping my project can be featured here as a cheaper but a bit more complicated in certain part as an alternative to your original project.I hope you can consider it ^_^

ThePyroElectro
PyroElectro Admin

Postby ThePyroElectro » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:02 pm

Hi Noveras,

I'd be happy to feature it and see it once the arm is complete.

Here are some pictures that should help you:
http://img830.imageshack.us/g/dsc04956r.jpg/

geekminator
Newbie Pyro

Postby geekminator » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:41 am

[size=12]Hello,

I like your robotic arm. Can you tell me how did you mod your ps1 controller. It seems that you hook up a RJ45 connector to your ps1 controller. I'd be happy if you show me the instructions.
and what if there is no controller connected ?

thank you
[/size]

ThePyroElectro
PyroElectro Admin

Postby ThePyroElectro » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:53 pm

Hi,

In the code there is a function that can move the arm without the controller if you activate it, recompile and use it.

The PS1 controller is not the same as one that connects to a playstation. This is one that I bought at a hardware supply store. It uses non-standard ethernet output. The button data is clocked out serially, in the 'main' function of the code you'll see the 16 bits of controller 'button' data being used. So I didn't mod it myself.

geekminator
Newbie Pyro

Postby geekminator » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:14 pm

thanks for your reply. I notice in the schematic that some capacitors and the resistor have no value, the ones that are connected to vss and vdd and mclr. Could you tell me the values please. thanks again

geekminator
Newbie Pyro

Postby geekminator » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:00 pm

I forgot to ask you, how do you activate the sample() function, I am new in C language and how to modify it too. Thanks

ThePyroElectro
PyroElectro Admin

Postby ThePyroElectro » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:23 am

Hi,

To activate the function, you need to put it somewhere inside the main function, then the PIC will execute the function.

geekminator
Newbie Pyro

Postby geekminator » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:22 am

thanks for your replay

I put the sample function in the main function but nothing happens. Im using a proteus simulation. When I run the code 3 of the 5 servos move but they move even when the sample function is desactivated. Can you help me to solve this problem. thanks for your time

geekminator
Newbie Pyro

Postby geekminator » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:53 pm

I was wondering if you can explain what exactly the sample function does
and a way to improve it. Will the robotic arm follow a routine or it will just execute the function once.

thank you for your time

Return to “Projects”