News & Articles

PyroEDU
Get started learning to build your own electronics by following our FREE online courses below!
Learn More »

Categories

Sponsors

Build Like A Pyro!
Find many of the parts used on this site at our favorite online electronics shop
Take Me To The Gadgetory!
Basic Stamp Radio Communication

Posted October 8, 2010 by Chris

This is a very unique way to create wireless communication and it gives a lot of range. Using two radio modems this guy makes it so two basic stamps can communicate serially. The project write-up explains the process very well.

6 Responses to “Basic Stamp Radio Communication”

1. addidis Says:

Curious solution , Im somewhat baffled though.
    So for instance , sparkfun has (if you look hard enough) some 3-5$ receiver transmitters. Now granted the range on this should be moderately better. But unless you need a license for the radios shown and i dont think you do , its governed by relatively the same regulations. This is definitely interesting though and i would be interested to see the range in real world conditions. (probably line of sight as thats the regulation of non licensed TX)
    Right now im mowing over using xbee , the spark fun cheap modules , and also considered wifi for connectivity between modules in a security monitoring system.

2. Chris Says:

It is a very curious solution. But the range these things can get is far beyond what XBee modules will ever get, similarly those $3-5 modules won’t get past 100 feet. The XBee modules do have error correction though, a great advantage.

3. addidis Says:

Yeah ive been studying the radio modules. They are right up to the legal limits for power. I would have expected a top of the line and similarly priced xbee , each with identical antennas to function nearly identically, with exception the data rate I would expect to be higher with the radios. But now im curious and want to play with some of these 🙂

Leave a Reply