News & Articles

html>301 Moved Permanently

301 Moved Permanently

nginx
PyroEDU
Get started learning to build your own electronics by following our FREE online courses below!
Learn More »

Categories

Sponsors

Build Like A Pyro!
Find many of the parts used on this site at our favorite online electronics shop
Take Me To The Gadgetory!
The Cherry Express

Posted January 29, 2020 by Chris

“Finally got the linebot working reliably. I’ve uploaded 3 images and a movie. I also included the modified Arduino script provided for the “method 1” servos and “V2 Adafruit_Motorshield” I’m using. My sensor board image shows the original 5 sensors described in your “Arduino Robotics” book, but you’ll notice now only the three middle sensors have signal wires, to match the 3-sensor script you provided. “

8-bit embedded TurkeyShield

Posted January 26, 2020 by Chris

“I’m always looking out for new ways to add more shields and components to my Arduino, and this felt like a natural experiment, so I gave it a shot: it’s an Arduino, Potentiometer, accelerometer, compass, Lithium Backpack, and TouchShield Stealth wired through a fairly large turkey :)”

Raspberry Pi Gameboy Pocket

Posted January 21, 2020 by Chris

“The Pi-Pocket is a mini portable games console capable of playing Gameboy, NES, Sega Master System, Game Gear games along with other popular Linux ported titles such as Doom and Duke Nukem using the popular Raspberry Pi emulator front-end known as RetroPie.”

Domotica Controlled Room

Posted January 21, 2020 by Chris

“At first a few months ago I saw this Veear EasyVR speech recognition module, and I bought one on ebay because it looked pretty cool. When I got it I thought it might be a cool idea to control my room with it, and the idea was born to make my bedroom controlled by voice!”

Building a Custom Integrated Circuit Package

Posted January 17, 2020 by Chris

“The aim of this pictorial guide is to build a complementary IC package to the Vishay IR receiver. It incorporates the same pitch and pin out except for the ‘Output(1)’ which will now become the new input.”

Wireless BusCounter

Posted January 15, 2020 by Chris

“I’ve been working on creating a cheap, time-lapse camera that people could use to ‘sense’ the world around them. The cost of such a device would be around $10, when all is said and done, and having multiple of these devices would open up options for public computing that people have not considered – a world where people are willing to deploy “personal, public” electronics throughout their environment with the same ubiquity, recyclability and reusability as paper.”

Breadboarded 9 Volt Battery Charger

Posted January 12, 2020 by Chris

“9 Volt batteries extensively used in various electronics measurement equipment. Powering these devices with rechargeable batteries can be a cost effective solution. In this post a simple Lithium-ion 9 Volt Battery Charger design with overcharging protection will be presented. Charger is based on PIC16F876A microcontroller and uses its A/D module to monitor current flow into the battery.”

Shuttle XPC PCI Expres And Wifi

Posted January 8, 2020 by Chris

“The Shuttle XPC has one major limitation when it comes to accepting two PCI-Express devices when one of those is your typical double-slot graphics card. Although you can find single slot cards these have a tendancy to either be economoy cards or ones that require additional cooling with water. “

Temperature And Humidity Sensing

Posted January 6, 2020 by Chris

“The temperature and relative humidity of indoor air is an important parameter that can influence indoor microbial survival, abundance, and community structure. Temperature and relative humidity can also be used to infer other information about indoor environments, such as whether or not it is being heated or cooled.”

The Stubby Robot

Posted December 30, 2019 by Chris

“Stubby is an evolving hexapod robot which I am making, with contributions from my 6 year old daughter and a co-worker. I have long wanted to make a walking robot, thanks to shows like Stargate SG-1. While Stubby is not the same, it has been a very entertaining and educational project to work on.”